Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 2 May 2013

Little Vanity Project

This was a little project that I did for a friend a few months ago. I haven't been doing a lot of custom work as I find that I just don't have much time for it, but I was excited to do this for my sweet friend Jamie...

Jamie and her husband had embarked on a HUGE reno project in their house. Basically they transformed their 90's, slightly dated house into a beautiful modern home that really reflects their personalities. As you go through it, there are so many thoughtful touches which make it unique. They could charge admission to see the amazing water feature in one of the kids' rooms just for her pet turtle alone.

Part of the renovation was creating a room just for Jamie. She was using it as her office, dressing room and quiet space. We found this little vanity on kijiji. It had been painted previously, but I decided to jazz it up a little more. Jamie already had a desk in her room that I had painted for her earlier and she really wanted them to feel like they went together. She had also found some really fun fabric to incorporate so I used those as my cues and went from there.




It is so cute and really adds a little extra character to an already very personalized space.


It adds a little extra storage for her jewels and makeup.


This fabric is so pretty! Modern but still whimsical. It also gave me an opportunity to pull out my favourite turquoise for the bench too.


Feminine detailing and curvy legs make it all her own.



 These vanity sets can be a little hard to find second hand, but they are totally worth the effort to transform them into something extra special.







No comments: