Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 10 April 2011

A Frame Up

{Jewelry Frame}
*SOLD*

This piece was inspired by the creative Aleisha who bought this frame from me a few weeks ago:


She sent me a picture of what she was doing with it and I thought she was brilliant. To be honest, I was disgusted with myself that I hadn't thought of it too! Isn't this cute?



I love this cute way of organizing large jewelry pieces in a way that is both decorative and purposeful. I was inspired to try it on another piece and this is what I came up with:


The idea is the same but I used an old oak picture frame that I found at a thrift store in Calgary that looked like this:



It was a nice shape and very sturdy so I painted it with some of the Ben Moore Tropicana Cabana that I have and topped it with the decorator favourite from Ben Moore Cloud White. I then aggressively distressed it and rubbed it lightly with a walnut stain to pick up some of the wood and tone down the vibrant colours. I gave it a coat of clear polyurethane for extra protection and backed it with poultry netting. On the back I added two hangers so it can be hung in either direction (portrait or landscape).







I would love to hear how you find way to organize your jewelry. All the long necklaces and earrings are so great right now, but a challenge to keep in order! (at least for me...)

It measures 19"H x 15"W.

If you are interested in buying this, it is available simply by clicking right here.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! LOVE the wood coming through and the hits of blue.

hour25 said...

Thank you! I am really loving this blue right now (obviously!) ~ I have more of it coming shortly...