Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 8 August 2011

Some BEFORE & AFTERS...

Last week was a busy time for finishing up some commissions. My daughter was at camp and my son was spending some quality time with his grandparents doing things like go-carting and playing mini golf ~ things his parents never do with him. I like to think it is because I just want my parents to get the rock-star status. I am generous like that....


First of all I finished this cabinet for Devin:




She and her family have recently moved into a beautiful new house and they are busy putting their touch on it. They had this old cabinet found at a garage sale.





It was old and very rustic and extremely heavy! Initially we were going to go with a white distressed treatment, but then she was inspired to try something a little more bold. I painted it with my current favourite blue from Ben Moore to coordinate with some wallpaper they had chosen for their new dining room.





It now has a very cottage-y feel to it. I added some distressing on the areas which already showed the most bumps and dents. Sometimes the risk with colour can really pay off ~ thanks Devin!


Next up is another returning customer with some nightstands that have been in the family for many years. They were so lovely, but needed some refinishing. Rhonda also wanted to take a risk with some colour. We coordinated the new colour to some linens in her bedroom and made a transformation.


{before}

(this is turning into a very swear-y post as the pictures ARE. NOT. LOADING.) Ahem.

{after}

(Thank-you evil blog fairies for cooperating...)

At the time she picked them, we still had not found the right new pulls, so I just painted the originals black and returned them to the drawers so that the drawers would be functional until new ones are found.



Rhonda was also looking for a new cabinet for her bathroom. I happened to have a brother to the cabinet I had just listed in the blue so I finished it for her to go with her bathroom in a very pale and creamy grey.


She also went home with my gallery shelf! 

Thank you so much to these fantastic clients who are willing to take a risk with some awesome furniture!

I also had someone contact me about this bench I had in my bedroom with the fantastic fabric. I did let it go as I have another bench to do for that spot. Now I "have" to pick new fabric.... 









No comments: