Since this was the back, we couldn't use the existing paint, but the greeny blue was the perfect jumping off point. I brought home about 600 paint samples and found about 4 that were in the same neighbourhood. We picked one that everyone loved and then I started painting.
I used the new Benjamin Moore Advance paint in Jade Garden. This product is just perfect for a less distressed looking piece. It dries to a smooth, hard finish. It is quite a bit more expensive to buy than a regular latex, but can be worth it when you take the time to use it properly.
Here is the desk before the pulls went on:
The expensive part of these makeovers can be hardware, especially a desk with 7 pulls! Chrystal found a bulk pack of them at a hardware store that finish the desk off and add a pretty touch.
The window frame was painted in the same colour. I added some wire to hang pictures and jewelry and a little bulletin board in the centre.
I found some ceramic pulls to add along the bottom edge to serve as hangers for necklaces or scarves, or just to look nice. I covered the cork with a pretty black and white fabric scrap.
I am excited to see the finished room ~ it will be a creative and exciting place for some awesome girls to hang out pretty soon!
If you have an old piece that needs a little loving ~ please feel free to contact me and we can talk about doing something special...