Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 3 October 2011

Serious Rehab

If you have been to this site before, you may notice that there have been a few changes! I had my super talented friend and cousin-in-law Lynn Baron create a logo for me and I am really happy with it! If you have a chance, take a look at some of her beautiful fabric designs over at Spoonflower ~ you can even order a selection if you wish. It feels good to freshen things up around here a little bit.


My beautiful friend and wonderful client Alicia has a eye for finding furniture in the worst possible shape and bringing it to me for rehab. I am humbled by her faith in what I can do... She is a wicked garage-saler and can find any deal worth making. In some ways, it is more fun to work on these decrepit pieces because the finished product is so dramatically different.


This is going to go in the bedroom of a sweet little 7 year old.




Such a sweet and charming little desk ~ perfect for a girl's room. A few short weeks ago this was not so innocent looking.




The handles were missing, there were stickers on the side, the drawers were falling apart and there were water stains on the top. Year of abuse had been heaped upon this poor little guy.


After a good sanding and wash down, the original sweetness started to show. I put the drawers back together and primed him up. He got a few good coats of White Cloud from Benjamin Moore and a little distressing and a good polish with a layer of furniture wax.





We didn't have all of the hardware, but I have a collection of old left overs from other projects. I found four pulls that went together and sprayed them with a primer and then with the lovely Ivy Green from Krylon. I think that the finished product is almost unrecognizable from where he started. I am sure that he not go back to his bad boy days after this makeover.




Thanks Alicia for all your faith in me! Keep these coming...


Now that we are settling into a fall routine, I have good intentions of posting more regularly and hopefully adding a few DIY posts as well. I have lots of things in the works and a few finished projects from my own house. I look forward to sharing them in the next few weeks.


If you come across anything that needs a little  (or a lot) of TLC, let me know if I can help you make it beautiful again!



No comments: