Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 14 September 2012

For Sale Now

On The Wild Side Cabinet
{SOLD}

This cabinet has been tough project! It has been sitting in my garage waiting for some loving for a few months. With winter coming, Tim is getting anxious to be able to park in his spot in the garage again so I promised I would finish it before the frost came! I picked it up from a garage where it had been stored for a loooong time. It was dirty and disgusting left me feeling discouraged.


I just wasn't sure how to make it shine ~ to be honest, I briefly thought I would just take it to the dump and forget about it. I talked myself out of that (fast!!) and started to clean it up and get a feeling for what it could become, and then I got a little excited and decided to take a risk....



This cabinet got a complete overhaul and went from being a sad, neglected eyesore to a superstar! I used a bright turquoise latex paint and found this amazing zebra wallpaper at Lowe's to finish it off... I was a little nervous to do something so dramatic, but I know that someone out there will love this piece and find the perfect spot for it to shine. I think it would be great in a bedroom, in a fun livingroom or dining room or in an office as a book shelf. The open shelving with a plate groove makes it perfect for display,  books or any type of funky collection. Lots of closed storage makes it practical too!





I added some whimsical hardware to the doors for a little fun and the matching zebra stripes line the drawer.





Lots of distressing makes it more interesting and showcases all the detail.







It measures
70 inches high
53.25 inches wide 
17 inches deep

If this speaks to you, let me know by text 403.700.0877 or email lisabaron70@gmail.com and we will work out a pick up time. It is large, but is in two pieces and will fit into a mini van or SUV with no problem. I can hardly wait to have this beauty installed in its new home! 








No comments: