Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 20 December 2011

An Ikea Makeover

For those who follow me on Facebook, you will remember this Ikea table that I started a few weeks ago:


It was a pretty big project for me as I have limited space to work and this is a large table with a leaf. It came to me in many pieces and I knew I wouldn't be able to put it back together in my workspace. As it is a big flat expanse, I wanted to be sure that everything would match and look like it belonged together.


Hilary asked for a distressed look, but didn't want it just plain white. We decided to try a rub over the paint to highlight the distressing and add some interest and depth to the flatness of the table. As this has been a family table for many years, I tried to respect the history by distressing the areas that already showed signs of use. The dents and marks add so much character to what could otherwise be a plain piece of furniture.


As I couldn't take a picture of the finished product, Hilary was kind enough to send me some of the table back in her lovely home.




I love the fireplace in background!




The resolution is not great, but you can see how the look and feel of the table has changed. 




Thank you Hilary for sharing your pictures!


There are so many ways to refresh these old relics and give them a new life in your home.  


Only 5 more sleeps!

No comments: