Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Hello 2012

Welcome back! It has been such a nice break.... My kids are still off school for the week, but my husband is back at work and I am really trying to get back to a routine (slowly, but still.)


I thought I would share a piece I did for Kelly (a returning customer ~ yay!) just before Christmas. This style has been a theme for me lately and I love it. Pieces from this era turn out so well with a little lovin'.




This belonged to Kelly's grandmother so she wanted to keep it and use it. It did not fit into the style of her home looking like this though.... We picked a colour and went from there.




This colour is a dark gray with a lot of taupe so it is very neutral but nice and dark without being black (Midsummer Night from Ben Moore).




I added a pop of colour and a little fun in the drawers and the back of the cabinet. I think of these touches sort of like the lining in a jacket. It doesn't really make a huge difference, but why not have a little fun with style?





We were hoping to change out the hardware to something a bit more feminine, but the drawer pulls were not a standard size (something I didn't realize until it was too late to change). I decided to spray them an off-white and distress them slightly. I had some pretty knobs that I painted to match and I think the result is very nice.





Thanks Kelly for trusting me with your special piece!


If you have something you would like to see made-over, drop me an email and we can talk about it. Follow me on Facebook for more updates on what I am working on!

No comments: