Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 15 June 2012

A Little Break

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who comes here and appreciates what I am trying to do. It has been so encouraging!


The past few weeks I have been doing a regular post on Mondays with items for sale and it has been a real success! I love taking a few risks and seeing people respond to colour and a little whimsy too. It is fun to add character to our spaces with pieces that have been neglected or deemed too ugly to be of any value.


I have been taking furniture that people have in garages or basements or have inherited from relatives and just can't bear to give away and doing a little custom makeover work. I am going to change my approach to this, at least for the summer and will no longer accept custom work for the time being. There are a few reasons for this:


1. I have very limited work/storage space as I do these projects in my basement studio.


2. I have several personal projects that I have waiting to be finished that I want to get done this summer!


3. My husband has accepted a new position that will take a lot more of his time. I need to be able to focus on my family when he is not here. These kiddos like me to pay attention to them for some reason.


4. I want to be able to offer more pieces on my blog. Things have been selling very quickly and I know people get frustrated. I would like to be able to offer things several times per week.


In light of this soul searching, I am going to give myself a couple of weeks off from listing items to finish the commissioned work that I have committed to. After that, I hope to be back with a BANG. I know that most people who come here understand busy-ness and the necessity of prioritizing time. I appreciate the support and would love it if you would still stick around...


Thanks to all!

No comments: