Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 6 May 2011

{Beach Weather(ed) Shelf}

$30

A big thanks to Lindsey who just picked up the pretty blue cabinet this morning. I am so happy it has found a good home!

I am comforted to know that I am not the only one who is digging (I'm that cool...) this tropical blue colour right now. It has been so popular and just the perfect pop of contemporary colour in a small space. I have done up another little shelf to add to my blue collection.


It is a pretty simple little shelf, but again would be great in a bathroom or guest room or any wall that just needs a little something extra.

I was up in Edmonton last weekend with my family visiting some of our awesome friends and family that we just don't get to see enough. My sister in law and I were able to get some time on Saturday afternoon to do some serious thrifting. We managed to hit three different stores in Edmonton and brought home quite a few diamonds in the rough. I can understand why someone would want to get this out of the house ~


Now I think we can all admit to having something stencilled in the house during the stencilling hey-dey of the 90's. Yes, it is very dated and sort of ugly, but the shelf itself is adorable! 

I took all the little wood buttons off that were covering the screw holes and filled them in with wood filler. I then primed and painted the whole thing with my favourite spring blue. The shaker hooks were in good shape so I was able to reuse them after re-gluing them back into place. I sanded and distressed the edges and I really like the way some of the darker stain shows through a little bit as well as the white.






The measurements are:

20 inches wide
7.5 inches tall
5.25 inches deep

If you can not live with out this little charmer, click here to purchase.


No comments: