Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Commissioned Bench

I have been very neglectful of my blog for the past few weeks. I have been busy working on a few projects and working on getting my 2 kids to their 150 activities as well as planning birthday parties for both (a word to the wise ~ don't have your children in the same month if you can help it...). I was also lured out to my yard by the sunshine this past week and have been planting my containers and a few trees in our newly (last summer) landscaped yard. Having a new house comes with a lot of pressure as far as landscaping choices go. I am not really an instinctive gardener, but I love the look of planters and flower beds and mature trees ~ I just don't want to make a mistake.


I was very happy to have the opportunity to help Kelly with a bench she had found on kijiji. It was a great piece but she wanted it to have a little more impact in the front entrance of her beautiful new house.





It is a great bench and it has storage under the lid as well. Very functional for a busy family entranceway. Kelly knew she did not want it to be white, so we looked at a few colours and decided on Spanish Red from Benjamin Moore's Fall 2010 Pottery Barn collection.




It turned out really well and the earthy red gives it a different look than the pine did. I added some light distressing and it was finished.







I think that this bench will enjoy his new life being red and looking spiffy. Thanks so much to Kelly for trusting this to me!

2 comments:

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

I love it! That colour look so so good...and don't worry about the blog - life happens to all of us!

XO
Lenore

Anonymous said...

The bench looks fantastic in the entrance way! Thanks so much Lisa for doing this and helping me chose the color. Couldn't be happy with it.