Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 23 February 2012

February 23, 2012

{Chevron Striped Bistro Table}


A few weeks ago Kristin, the creative owner of ReFind Clothing in Olds contacted me about a bistro table project for her amazing store. She had a small space which she wanted available to customers to sit and have a cup of tea or wait for a friend in the fitting room. The budget was fairly modest (my specialty) and so I started a Kijiji search. This was what I found ~ dirt cheap and in perfect condition, but completely lacking in any personality.




Kristin shared the colours she envisioned, but left the rest up to me. I have been seeing chevron stripes everywhere and was dying to try some. This seemed like a great opportunity! 


I wanted them to be even so I made a template out of cardboard to trace so that each stripe would be the same. After painting each piece the base colour, I taped off the stripes using Frogtape (of course!). In order to give it a little more character I aggressively distressed each piece letting the layers of colour and a bit of the wood show through.




I love the sunny and slightly beachy, vintage feel the colours gave to this previously sedate little set.






I used Benjamin Moore Bedside Yellow and Florida Keys Blue for the colour combo. The Florida Keys Blue is a perfect vintage turquoise.




I delivered it yesterday to the store and Kristin sent me a picture of it ready to receive her tea drinking customers....




Be sure to stop by the store and try it out!

No comments: