Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Steeple Side Tables



*SOLD*

Thanks to Traci for driving out in the snow to pick up her new Messages and Magazine Table! It now has a happy new home...

This has been a crazy week ~ and it is only Tuesday! I have had these tables for a little while and have been working hard to get them finished. This blog is named hour25 for a reason!

These were also found on my extremely successful Edmonton trip in February. I am not sure what they were used for, but they had signs of an active life before they came to me. The sides remind me of church architecture ~ I am sure they are one of a kind.

Here is what they looked like when they came into my workshop:






I wonder if they were made for a specific purpose? They are so unique....

I worked on them for awhile and was very aggressive with the distressing. I generally like to use a gentle hand when distressing my pieces, but these kept looking better and better with more of the wood showing through. I primed and then painted them with a cotton white latex. After a vigorous sanding, I applied a layer of wax and buffed the surface to a nice smooth finish. I am so happy with the results:






Each table measures
14 1/2"W x 21"H x 11"D.













As an added feature, they actually stack together and look so cool while saving space:


How great is that?

If you are interested in these guys, you can purchase them right here.

I have created a page on Facebook as well, if you would like to check that out for updates and other fun stuff. Easy to link to here.

If you have an item collecting dust at home that you would like to see brought back to a new life, feel free to contact me with and we can talk about a makeover.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Awesome! That is so unique....How do you come up with what to do?! CREATIVITY!!!!

wish those were mine...:0))