Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Spring Inspired End Table

Commissioned End Table

I am pretty excited about my first official commissioned piece! There was nothing really wrong with this table, but it there was nothing special about it either. It needed to be special as it will start its new life in a very sweet 10 year old's bedroom.

This end table started life here:



I had been given full artistic license, thanks to a very trusting Mom. The weather here has been miserable and incredibly cold. All the spring and easter merchandise in the stores must have been influencing me (or maybe just the easter M&Ms). This is the table now:


I painted it a very soft yellow green. It is so feminine and pretty. I tried to keep the distressing  light ~ just to highlight some of the curves and edges.


I replaced the knob with another one from Anthropologie and rubbed the entire piece with a layer of wax for a nice, smooth finish.

This was so fun to do and I have my fingers crossed that the new owner will be happy with it too!

I have created a page on Facebook for Hour25. Look for me there for updates!


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Adorable! I love how you finish it off...and that knob is perfect:)