Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 14 January 2012

{Inherited & Ikea}

This past week I finished up a couple of pieces that Val sent home with me before Christmas. I brought them back to Rosebud with me to return to her. The first one was an old Ikea desk that had been stained blue but needed a new look for a teenager's room.


It was pretty standard Ikea. It needed to be dark so I went with black. I have a small stash of Ben Moore's Factory Black Melamine Paint that is no longer available in Canada. It is my favourite paint to use as it is a perfect black and super hard and durable when it cures.



It looks pretty modern and sleek with the new paint. I added some fabulous new wallpaper that I found in stock at Lowe's to the interior of the drawer and the tower storage area (remember those?).



This turned out to be a nice little facelift and an easy fix for this little desk.

The next piece was a little dresser Val had inherited from her parents, I believe. It was a classic little 3-drawer number that is very useful, but looked seriously dated. It seems that in my excitement to get painting this one, I neglected to take a picture of the "before". Just use your imagination...

The after!


TaDa!

It was missing a few knobs so I collected a few different ones that I had and sprayed them all a pretty celery green colour.



I like how these add a little bit of fun and still look like they belong there.

I distressed this guy pretty heavily ~ it just kept looking better with more distressing!


I finished it off with a little more prettiness in the drawers.


I am just in love with this wallpaper. I want to find a room in my house to put it in!

If you have anything hanging around your basement that you can't bring yourself to get rid of, maybe a facelift could bring it back to life in your home.... Let me know if I can help! Send me an email at lisabaron70@gmail.com or follow my page on facebook for more updates and pictures.

No comments: