Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 22 January 2012



{Vanity Project}

This little vanity desk has been sitting in my work space for a while. As I have mentioned before, my friend Alicia is a Kijiji genius and she scored this sweet piece for a song a few months ago.


This is a life-sized jewelry box! Every drawer is velvet lined and purposed for storing every type of jewelry. Alicia took her time deciding what she would like to do with it. She was inspired by some fabric and decided to go bold!


This result is soooooo pretty! I love the red with the bright turquoise and pink in the bench. I removed all of the brass hardware and sprayed it all a pale pink before lightly distressing it.



I used some of the the extra fabric to line the interior storage  areas as well.



The print has a nostalgic feel to it, but feels so fresh with the red and pink. This was so fun to work on and the result was really special.





Alicia sent me a picture of the vanity after she put a few of her treasures inside...







I feel so fortunate that she trusted me to put this together for her... She gave me some creative freedom ~ this was a bit of a risk for me to take, but sometimes taking those little risks pay off.

No comments: