Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 10 January 2012

{Old Timey Desk}


I have a truly lovely friend here who is also named Lisa. Her little man in gr 1 discovered this old desk at a thrift store and he fell in LOVE with it. They brought it home and he has been using it for his many creative projects and drawings.




It was a little bit grungy and carved up ~ it had definitely seen a lot of action in its career as a desk. Lisa wanted it livened up a little bit to reflect her son's personality and so it would look more intentional in her beautiful home. She gave me creative license ~ she just wanted the ivy green sparyed on the frame that I had used on a similar piece a few months ago.





This was SO fun! I just painted everything a nice navy and added the stripes using Frogtape which is a miracle product, by the way. My advice to anyone thinking of painting stripes DON"T DO IT WITHOUT FROGTAPE! Amazing clean lines with almost no bleeding underneath. Really awesome and worth the extra money. (I haven't even been paid for this endorsement!)






I lightly distressed the edges and any obvious dents and dings and gave the pieces a couple of coats of poly to add extra durability.


The verdict from the nervous 6 year old who had trusted me with his favourite thing? "I didn't know it would be this good!" YES! I love that kind of praise.... :-)


I have a few pieces going back to their homes this week that I will share after they have been delivered. I also have a project that I did for my own 11 year old son that I want to share. I am heading back to Rosebud now that the Christmas season is over to pick up my collection of pieces which were at the Mercantile. I will post the pieces that haven't sold here before I list them on Kijiji...


January is looking very busy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to show my passion for your kind-heartedness in support of all those that actually need help on that area. Your special dedication to getting the solution all through became certainly useful and have in every case made folks just like me to reach their targets. The warm and friendly help entails much a person like me and still more to my office workers. Best wishes; from each one of us.
Motorcraft BT-58 Belt Tensioner

Anonymous said...

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

hour25 said...

Thanks so much Sheila. You are very kind ~ and optimistic!