Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 14 May 2012

For Sale!

Grey and Curvy Side Table
{sold}


I love the character of this sweet table. The curvy legs and detail on each corner.... It is such a great little piece!





One of the best features of the table is the top:





It is a tray style so nothing will roll off! Those are the kind of details that make me crazy.







I updated the original hardware to a matte black and added a black and white wallpaper to line each drawer.


I have a lot of requests for my wallpaper sources. When I know, I will link to the source. This pattern I found rolled up in a box in a thrift store, so I am not sure where it came from.




20" wide
17.75" deep
26" tall


Simple Lines Hutch
{sold}


This is a perfect little hutch. It is not too big, but it has lots of style. If you are not a fan of really fussy, detailed furniture, this mid-century styling might be the perfect thing for you. It is two pieces so it is easily moved and if you needed to, the bottom portion looks great on its own as well. Even without the glass doors it could work well as a bookshelf.


I really debated on what to line the back with. I wanted to make it fun, but I wanted it to feel classic as well. I decided on a beautiful creamy white with a subtle silver leafy pattern and I think it looks so pretty. Certainly a change from the old brown stain. Again, I am not sure where this paper came from... It was extra paper from a friend's project.


The interior is also lined with the same paper. I know that no one will really see it, but I like to know it's there..... Those details give made-over pieces a more customized and unique feel.




I updated the original hardware with a semigloss white and then distressed them to match the character of the hutch and buffet. I didn't want to draw attention away from the simple lines of the construction.






Some light distressing and a hand-rubbed wax paste complete the piece.






48" wide (at widest point)
17" deep
59" tall

No comments: