Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Back to Blue Cabinet

{SOLD}


This cabinet is a bit of a departure from what I normally do as it was actually a new piece when I found it. I didn't think that the finish was really doing the cute lines and design any favours so I decided to see what I could do to showcase these features. 

This is where we started:


It is not bad, but pretty rustic, and not really in a good way.

I repainted it in the last of my turquoise paint and lightly distressed the finish before applying a layer of protective wax. I had the very smallest amount of wallpaper that coordinated with the blue that just managed to fit in the back. It even lined up almost perfectly!

The drawer provides a great bit of storage for small items.


I like the door with the glass inset ~ it is perfect for displaying some small toiletries or other little pretties.


I like the way it turned out and I think it would add a little fun to a bathroom, laundry room or other small space.




To purchase this cabinet, please email me or check out the kijiji ad here.


No comments: