Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Approach the Bench
{SOLD}


I have had this bench in my basement waiting for something to happen for a few months. I found it at Value Village this summer and thought it had some potential. It was painted with a thick white paint which was dirty and very rough.


It was covered with a black vinyl which I removed to find another layer underneath. This would not be the first makeover!


I enlisted my 11 year old son to get started on the sanding ~ it needed a lot! 

I debated for a while over what colour and fabric I should use. I found this gorgeous slubby linen-look fabric on Etsy and purchased it with this bench in mind. I painted it a serious dark grey/taupe to match the parrot and give a fun contrast to the sunny yellow of the design on the rest of the fabric. 

It has been distressed lightly along the edges and finished with a smooth layer of furniture wax. It features a little hidden storage area and would be a perfect addition to a front entrance or tucked into a little corner in a bedroom. The perfect spot for guests to be able to put on shoes or store your wallet or keys as you walk in....




27.5 inches high
31.5 inches wide
15.75 inches deep

Drop me an email if you are interested in this pretty polly or see the Kijiji ad here.

No comments: